Java Developer trainee
Portugal, Porto, Leça da PalmeiraEngineering
Daloop is a startup that is helping to reduce carbon emissions through the decarbonization of mobility since 2010. With our cloud-based software - Mobility Change Platform, we’ve been assisting organizations to transition away from combustion engines and supporting charging network operation and administration. We are ambitious and deeply committed to our mission, and we want to find out if you are up to the challenge.
The successful Dalooper is:
- Team-Oriented - Collaborative and respectful, we work hard and embrace conflict and discussion while maintaining a sense of humor.
- A Problem Solver - We are adaptable and look for creative ways to get things done, applying critical-thinking skills to analyze, identify and execute solutions to problems large and small.
- Ambitious - We are risk-takers, curiosity-driven self-starters who want to raise the bar.
- Accountable - We take full responsibility for our actions, are accountable to all our stakeholders, and work autonomously and collaboratively toward a shared goal.
About Your Role
As Java Developer Trainee, you will work in a tight team environment. At Daloop, we value cultural fit as much as technical know-how. We are looking for someone who is passionate about programming, enjoys learning, and can bring their skills, and a fresh perspective to a talented team that is always looking to get better. As well as working hard we also have a fun and informal company culture.
- Build Create reusable code and libraries for future use
- Deliver backend code that is well-designed, testable, and aligned with standards
- Integrate IoT devices and software into a complete system
- Work closely with other team members.
- Assist with daily tasks within the Feature Team.
Who we are looking for…
- Degree or master’s degree in a Computer Science or Engineering field (this is an IEFP internship)
- Programming skills (e.g. java)
- Knowledge of OOP principles
- Nice-to-have: knowledge of REST APIs and Maven
- Basic understanding of Git version control
- Good knowledge of English
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- A team player with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
- High level of enthusiasm and willingness to learn. Continuous improvement mindset